Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Dear Charlie:

Wow. You can really tell when football season's over, can't you?

*blows dust off everything*

Sorry about that. I have, of course, been slightly more alive over at Twitter, but even there I haven't exactly been a jibba jabba. Not that I haven't had anything to say. I guess it's just all so disconnected that it's hard to pull it all into one cohesive post.

Like I've been on a superheroes kick lately. I caught up on all the superhero movies I'd missed so I'd be ready for Avengers: Age of Ultron. I really, really enjoyed Captain America: The Winter Soldier and have been driving my friends (work friends especially) bonkers with speculations for Captain America: Civil War, which starts filming in April. So, like tomorrow.

Which is April Fool's Day. No, I will not be pranking here. As far as I know.

Anyway, that also led to me watching Iron Man 3, which I somehow just skipped, and I freakin love that movie. I think it's easily the best of the Iron Man movies. Of course, I might just be saying that because of the little coda at the end where it turns out Tony's been narrating this whole time because he's therapeutizing himself to Bruce... only his science bro has been out like a light since literally the beginning of the story.

Pure gold. Love those guys. Can't wait for Age of Ultron. And Civil War.

Just take my money, Marvel! Damn you!

Oh! And Guardians of the Galaxy! Dammit, Marvel! I loved that one, too. Ugh.

Anyway, I also finally got myself a jaeger. I'm sorry, an elliptical. And I named it Joker Blitz because I'm gonna by God use it, and if telling myself I'm stomping kaiju is what it takes, then that's what I'ma do. No, I'm clearly still not over Pacific Rim. I really, really love that movie and can't wait to see where they go with the sequel.

Guillermo del Toro is a genius.

Um... oh! I'm teaching myself to spin poi! Sadly, not flaming poi (yet), but still. We're hoping to try some more "street carnival" fare this year with our Dream Theatre stuff, and while I can juggle pretty well (not fancy, but consistently), I figured I'd better add something a little more flashy. I'm getting pretty good, and it's ridiculously amusing to try a new trick and whack-a-mole yourself with what amounts to a flying beanbag. But, like, literally beans, so with an actual impact.

Similarly, we're hoping to put on a "Shakespeare in the rough" modern-language version of Midsummer Night's Dream this year. The script is in progress. It should be awesomely fun and low-tech, especially if we can actually get a foresty setting at one of the local parks for cheap (or free). We don't wanna have to charge for it. Heh, we actually want people to come see it.

So, see? Plenty of stuff going on, including the occasional writing jag and teaching myself to bake kale chips (to which I am hopelessly addicted, to my appalled shame). It's just so scattered. Heh, like my ability to pay attention, I guess.

In other words... nothing new. *snerk*

Wait! Except this! So I have actual friends I work with, and we get to emailing ridiculousness back and forth sometimes, and one of them joked once that we oughtta have our own show. I immediately threw out a doofy pilot episode, and to my surprise, they liked it. And wanted another. And another.

I'm on freakin Season Three here, folks. I usually write on my breaks or during lunch, and there's just so much dumb stuff for us to talk about. It's hilarious to us, but I have no idea if it'd even be amusing to anyone else. Most of it is an appalling commentary on how different we all are as people and a prolonged question of "why the hell are we even friends??" because we like so few of the same things.

Heh, the rest of it is me trying my best to nerd out and them saying NO.

Anyway, if you're bored, maybe stop by and give it a read. The first several episodes are pretty rough, as they weren't intended to really go anywhere. They get better toward the end of Season One and really hit their stride in Season Two. Unfortunately, I'm way more pressed for time at work lately and haven't been taking as many breaks, so Season Three is coming out a lot slower. Plus, I'm trying not to put out filler episodes just to be writing one that day.

Season One
Season Two
Season Three

No fear if you aren't interested. Like I said, I have NO IDEA if anyone else would even get a chuckle out of this. And, because this is the internet, here's a disclaimer: some of this stuff didn't actually happen! Heh, I hope some of it leaves you wondering, though.

Mwahahah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home