Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dear Charlie:

Don't you just hate when you decide to try something new, only to realize you can't find anything you like locally?

So a lady at work has this mind-boggling assortment of nifty pendants. She hits all the antiques shops and flea markets, and she just hangs them from generic narrow-band chokers around her neck. Because I'm not much for jewelry myself, I admire that kind of simplicity, but until now, I'd been unable to find just the generic chokers. I didn't want to mess with chains, as they tend to tangle (because I tend to just throw them in a box with other stuff I rarely wear), so I never bothered trying to find any nifty pendants.

Of course, now that I have the nifty little chokers, I'm having trouble finding pendants that suit my slightly-off taste.

Okay, that's not entirely true. I've googled plenty of pendants I like. Unfortunately, I apparently have ungodly expensive tastes. I've found awesome Cthulu pendants... that cost like $50. Pirate ship pendants that soar into the triple digits. Dragon pendants whose price tags make me cringe.

I did find a couple today at Wal-Mart, but honestly, I only bought one because it reminded me of my beloved sister, whom I know has taste. The other is a square cross. I like it, but it has dangly silver chains on it that I'm not sure about. I may just disconnect them.

I guess I'll just have to ask Edie where she gets all of hers, or maybe learn how to make my own. Because I need another hobby I don't have time to pursue, heh.

Or maybe I should just stop watching the Pirates of the Caribbean movies all in a row.

...

Nah. Make 'em myself, it is. To the crafts store!

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

As an addendum, I would like to add that I am displeased with my locality's blatant lack of steampunk accutrements. Just sayin.

Get with the times, town! I hate ordering stuff online!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home