Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dear Charlie:

Boy, have I been a busy little bee lately. Oi!

It started out simply enough. Dream Theatre is putting on another attraction in downtown Joplin this year. You might remember me talking about DickensFest last Christmas and how fun it was (despite the suddenly bitter cold that froze the amp, leaving us without microphones). Yeah, these are the same folks (with new and better equipment, heheh), and I'm kinda part of the group, so I wss thrilled to find out about our historic walking tours.

Come October, we'll have two tour guides taking folks on an easy walking tour through some of the most haunted and spooky areas in downtown Joplin, telling stories about the strange and unnatural happenings in our surprisingly wild history. Residents and businesses came forward in droves to tell us about their experiences in houses and offices, and our researchers did a little of their own digging -- pun intended -- and found even more stories.

We'll also be reinacting some of these occasionally dastardly scenes at particularly interesting locations along the tour. How could I not be in??

So yeah, I started going to rehearsals, got a reinactment part and a costume, and I was pleased as punch to be a part of something again. My schedule at Domino's practically prohibited any such involvement, since my only available times where when everyone else was at work. It's good to be back on a regular schedule. I really do love my new job, and not just for the insurance. Heh.

But then we got further awesome news: in the interest of promoting our walking tours, we were specifically asked to be part of Third Thursday. TT is a function put on by the Downtown Alliance where they sawhorse off several blocks of Main Street for performers, artists, vendors, etc. to showcase their wares and skills. It's open to the public, and people can come and go as they please.

Yeah. I was definitely in.

So, come this Thursday night, if you're not doing anything interesting, come down and see our Dream Theatre group dance and sing the night away. We're a little rock, a bit burlesque, a smidge creepy, and a heckuva lot twisted. It'll be an absolute blast. Good music, amazing lifts and throws, and some of the best choreography you'll see outside a Michael Jackson video.

What's not to love? Woot!

And if anyone's interested in the schedule for our October walking tours, we'll have fliers with times and prices at our Third Thursday booth. I'll also post that information here a little closer to time. I know for sure we'll be doing two tours a night (7:00 and 9:00, I think) Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights all month. I'm pretty sure the first night is October 6, but don't hold me to that until I see our fliers.

Anyway, with the addition of Third Thursday rehearsals to my schedule, I've barely been home. And I haven't had so much fun in a long time! Woo-hoo!

Come out and see us, folks. You won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home