Sunday, June 19, 2011

Amusing Update:

Speaking of things getting back to normal, I've been able to go visit friends and family out of town more lately. Like... every weekend. Ahem. Didn't have the gas money before, but the new job is helping in that respect.

So I went to Dad's for Father's Day. I even put on a little make-up, just for the special occasion. And, lo and behold, I even wore jewelry. I know, right?? Me!

This...



...is my necklace. It's about the only one I wear. I love it, but I'm just not a jewelry person, so wearing it is pretty rare.

And this...



...is the big white spot my favorite necklace left after I spent noon watching the nieces ride horses out in the boonies. Oopsie. I've never been in the habit of wearing sunblock because I just never get burned (except a little across the nose the first time I'm out in the sun).

But because I haven't spent much time out in the sun for the last several years, I guess I'm just a big ol' ball of pasty white. Ugh.

...

Heheh, it is kinda funny, though. I hope it's not so noticeable when it fades to tan in a day or two. Sheesh. Talk about your Sign of the Cross.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Ha, it's kind of like Anita Blake's cross burned into her!! My nose is a little burned but not sore or anything. I don't think I got any color anywhere else.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

'S what I get for wearing jewelry. I'm taking it as a cautionary tale and not bothering with it again. Yeesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home