Monday, May 09, 2011

Dear Charlie:

Here, my good friends, is my personal State of the Union address.

Things might actually be looking up. Woot!

Okay, that was a little... short. And by the time I'm done, you'll probably be wishing I'd stopped there. *rimshot* Anyway, I just talked to the guy at the apartment complex I applied to, and while he can't guarantee anything, he said he could "practically guarantee" I'm in. He says he's seen tons of applications, but none as easy as mine, so while it's still up to the district manager, he doesn't see anything to worry about.

And he's already sent in the maintenance guys to clean the apartment he reserved for me. Woot! That sounds pretty positive, right?

It may still be a couple of weeks, but I'm hoping not. I don't like feeling like I'm just spinning my wheels. I like forward momentum. Once I get rolling, having to wait for something just chafes me. I'm usually a patient person, but once I'm in motion, inertia just takes over me. Heh.

Anyway, the new job is going awesome. I'm not completely into what I'll be doing because we're awaiting permissions from program sites, but I've been doing plenty of other stuff. Luckily, they're starting to realize that if they keep me busy, I'm happy. Even if it's drudgery. Just don't leave me sitting and twiddling my thumbs. I'm used to working at a furious pace, and I keep getting done with stuff sooner than they expect, but I just don't know any other way to work. It's balls to the wall all the time.

Inertia. Like I said.

I guess I'm like that even at home. If I'm just reading and watching movies or something, I have no desire to do anything else. But get me cleaning or organizing or writing -- basically anything productive -- and I'll work like a demon until it's done. It's really weird, but I guess it works well enough. Been doin it a long time now, anyway.

Anyway, just thought you peeps should know there's light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm almost certain it's not either a freight train or an alien ship full of proby things. Could be wrong.

But I'm tentatively hopeful. Sweeeeeeet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home