Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Odd-Ball Update:

Well, I know I shoulda blogged before now, but I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. I'm too stressed out to make fun of the situation, but I also don't want to be either whiny, bitchy, ranty, or just plain annoying.

Quite the dilemma.

In the end, I've just decided to be honest. I can always delete later, right? So... here goes.

Needless to say, 2010 wasn't very nice to me. Sure, I got my book out, and that's awesome sauce. Also, I got a great role in a musical and also performed in the local DickensFest. Found out I have a bit of a knack for set painting.

It wasn't a complete bust, is all I'm saying.

But the stuff that went wrong went spectacularly wrong. Still can't find a decent day job, and part-time minimum wage is killing me. Lost my house. Had to sell most of my furniture and such because I simply don't have room for it. Had to move in with other people (if you know me, that's almost funny... if it weren't so sad). So, lost all my comfortable surroundings and that lovely, wonderful blanket of distance that allowed me to survive having to work with other people.

Lost my car.

Yup. My beloved, wonderful, reliable, never-did-anything-wrong Avenger. It's gone to Automotive Heaven. Some guy killed it on Christmas Eve, and for no good reason I can fathom. No, the insurance company isn't screwing me over (for a change), but due to circumstances I'd rather not go into on this blog on which I've always tried to avoid ranting, I'm not getting anything even half as good as what I've lost.

We'll see tomorrow how well or badly I come out of the morass.

And there's where I've been having the hardest time. In a year where I've lost everything including my independence, I still at least had a car I figured I'd have for twenty years. Or more. It was like a safety net at the very bottom of my incomprehensible freefall.

But now? Back to someone else's headaches. Someone else's mistakes. And with the tiny payout I'm getting, the likelihood of those headaches being severe (and expensive) are astronomical.

And I have to choose wisely, because it's not like I'll be able to afford anything better for God only knows how long. This is my only shot at something even half-ass reliable, and no amount of browbeating will make me back down on what I need.

But oh... the browbeating. Crap. Don't get started, Geeb. You'll never stop.

So anyway, it just seems that 2010 gave me one last kick in the teeth, then strode away laughing at my pitiful attempts to salvage something from the wreckage. I can only hope that 2011 holds a few less agonizing surprises.

Please, God? Okay?

/endwhinyrant

Sorry. I tried.

3 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

I'm sorry for the suckage in your life. :( I hope that things pick up and some good luck wafts your way very soon. So, with no irony or sarcasm, Happy New Year! (Cuz that's an order.)

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

I think you have every reason to vent.

{{hugs}}

I hope 2011 is a much, much better year for you!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Bless your hearts, guys. I guess I shouldn't complain too badly. It's not like EVERYTHING has gone wrong.

I mean, I won my football pool. And the Chiefs are in the playoffs.

Progress? I think so.

*crosses fingers*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home