Saturday, August 07, 2010

Dear Charlie:

Sorry I've been incommunicado lately, guys. Between rehearsals, job-hunting, working, set painting (yes, again; I can't help it!), trying to help out some friends, and trying to get in any little speck of writing between running lines and such, I just haven't had a lot of spare time.

Heh, and what spare time I've had, I've used to play hidden object games. Yeah, I know.

Sosumi.

It's been crazy, but we're pulling this show together. Our director keeps us feeling good about ourselves, and I'm feelin the energy. It's fun to be singin these quirky ol' songs and spoutin these priceless lines in that ol' hick accent. Good times, and I can't wait for the actual production.

Which, by the way, is next week. *gnaws fingers down to the bone*

That darn auction scene! I swear it's the bane of my existence. I can get the first part, but for some reason, my internal Aunt Eller seems to object to auctionin off her precious niece -- okay, her hamper, but it's one and the same, metaphorically -- and just doesn't want to keep track of all those bids.

But I'll get it. By gum and by gosh, it shall be done.

I think I may have to put my tentative writing on a couple of things off until after the show, though. Or at least until after opening weekend. I gotta keep my mind on what I'm doing. Living in my head is a welcome diversion from the real world right now, but I can live in my head on the stage for the nonce.

Aunt Eller. Aunt Eller. Be the cranky ol' biddy. You are the cranky ol' biddy!

5 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Pesh said...

NOOO! Not my hamper! *crosses legs*

*wibbles*

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Bulma16 said...

This is about a week early but break a leg Aunt Eller!!

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Pesh said...

Don't spoil my fun by getting her to do it herself! :P

Though, I should be more concerned about breaking my neck, especially when I chase Curly over the corner of the porch.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

And he'll have to watch out or he'll brain himself on the big washtub hooked to the wall. *snerk*

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

Maybe you can squeeze in one more thing and participate in my flash fiction contest? http://tinyurl.com/327guma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home