Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dear Charlie:

Okay, so I said I'd get back sooner than this. I've been busy! I swear!

First things first: awesome reviewage!

Monica over at IReadRomance gave me a lovely 3.5 out of 4. Thank you, Monica!

"The full title of this novel is My Gigolo: The Care and Feeding of a Male Prostitute and, from the title alone, I figured this was going to be a good read. I laughed. I cried. All the hallmarks of a good book, in my opinion. The premise reminds me of Pretty Woman, except this time it’s the male hooker with a heart of gold."

And Kathy over at Blackraven Reviews gave me 5 out of 5 ravens. Whee! Thanks, guys!

"My Gigolo by Molly Burkhart is a delightfully engaging, laugh out loud read. I had a hard time putting this book down. I couldn’t wait to find out how Gabe and Jack’s story would end."

And as for the play, I got the part of Aunt Eller! So, come the middle of August, I'll be donning some petticoats (or at least a skirt) and sharpening up my best cantankerous tone to do the curmudgeon with a heart of gold a good turn.

I'm already enjoying the rehearsals. Pesh is my niece, Laurey (yes, the lead! yay, Pesh!), so that's already fun, but learning the harmonies for the songs is my favorite part. It reminds me of taking choir back in high school. Every year, I took choir, and I always had such fun with the harmony. Good times.

So yeah, I'm thrilled to be part of such a well-known and fun production, and I hope everyone comes out to see us have a good ol-fashioned ball. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home