Friday, April 09, 2010

Ho-hum Sidebar:

Time keeps getting away from me. Did you know it's already April? That April is already over a week gone?

Part of it, I suppose, is the uncomfortable sensation of not quite managing to live paycheck to paycheck, so I half-wish the time away until that next paycheck to eke out just a little longer. Part of it is just being so darn busy. I'm not even getting 40 hours a week, but it feels like so many more because they all come so late in the day and I've been getting up earlier and staying up later. Part of it is having three writing projects jostling for position after everything being silent in my head for far too long. Not fair, guys. Wait your turn.

But none of that is all of it, because everyone I've talked to says, "Geez, this year is already getting away from me!" See? It's going fast for everyone. It's not just me.

So... is time really speeding up? Or is the economy just so bad that everyone's hurting? Actually, I know that everyone is hurting, but you know what I mean. And if it's this bad everywhere... how can the government keep denying that we're in not just a recession but a depression?

Oi. Didn't mean to get serious on you, but this stuff has been clamouring loudly in my head the past months and kinda wants out. I'm trying to channel part of it into one of the writing projects, but the rest of it wants out, too.

But now... dude, seriously. I have to get some sleep. As Scarlett says, "Tomorrah is anothah day!"

I don't want to blink and miss it.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Pesh said...

Dude, we're all just circling the drain. ^__^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home