Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dear Charlie:

Good grief, it's been a busy week.

1. Joined my beloved sister's MayNoWriMo event with the goal -- what was I thinking?? -- of finishing Lorekeeper, an urban fantasy that sits at about 27K as yet and should finish up at 80K, more or less. Good God.

2.....

Okay, this list was a lot longer in my head. I've been writing in snips and snatches to narrow the gap between what's done and what needs to be done on Lorekeeper before May 1, but that doesn't really seem like that much. I swear I had a list of like four things that's been happening this week, but now that I've sat down to write them in, I can't remember any but the one.

Sheesh. Brain fart much?

....

I know I did other stuff. I just can't think of any of it right now. Darn it. Who me? Lame? Naw.

I...um...mowed half the lawn? Watered the annuals I planted in the flower bed around the porch? Showed the house? Watched the little herb seeds in my indoor kit sprout? Did some dishes? Cooked some stuff?

Geez. This is pathetic. There really was more. I promise.

I can only venture that, in my excitement at showing up for work tonight only to find I wasn't on the schedule because my boss was being nice and forgot to tell me, all rational thought has flown. Oh, well.

Less time blogging means more time writing, right?

Shyeah. Right. Heheh.

I will say that I'm pretty stoked about my book coming out on May 11. You can catch a snippet here or get a look at the details and smashing cover art here.

I'll also be guest blogging at Sis's site for either the book release or for MayNoWriMo. Not sure what my topic will be, though, so suggestions are welcome.

Oi! I know what #2 was, at least! I did a disk cleanup and defragmented.

...

Yeah. That's all I got. Can't remember all the other stuff. That's really gonna bother me.

Meh.

7 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

Really? You can't remember anything else you did this week?

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

Been there, done that, LOL

Good luck with Lorekeeper...Love that title BTW...and see you around MayNoWriMo. Are you also doing Coyote Con? Busy, busy May.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

@Pesh - What else did I doooo??? Beside finish The Office with you. Heh.

@Sherri - Thanks, and I'm kinda having fun with the title, too. It has an old-timey, almost D&D feel to it, which is completely opposite of the story but somehow seems to work. Heh. Weird.

Not planning on Coyote Con, but who knows? Sis is awesome sauce at talking me into stuff, so I'm not definitely saying no. Heheh.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

Is there anything else to consider an accomplishment?

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Does winning a boatload of money count as an accomplishment? Because I'd totally love to add that to my list of accomplishments for the week.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

Keep the fiction in the Word files--then send them to me. ^_^

Honestly, I think you peaked at The Office.

*is rockin' out to Free Love Freeway*

asesinke? Is that the word verification's way of telling me my ass is getting heavy? Or maybe less buoyant?

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

In more demented news, I got the new banner up. If that doesn't kill the last of our membership, nothing will. ^_^

pomas? Now this thing is making up animals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home