Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dear Charlie:

Life is funny sometimes.

I've been meaning to write up a review of Sherlock Holmes, but I seem to keep not getting around to it. I truly enjoyed that movie and have lots to say about it, but I just haven't done it.

And yet, only a bit after watching Legion, which isn't as good a movie in many ways, I already know what I want to say about it. I want to paraphrase a line that stuck with me for the entire movie and literally almost made me -- me! -- cry when I heard it. It seemed to resonate, as if it were written for me for just this moment when I was finally ready to hear it.

"And yet, in the midst of all this darkness, I see people who will not give up, even when they know all hope is lost. People who realize that being lost is so close to being found."

I've been feeling a little lost lately. It seems like so many things are going wrong and that I'm barely staying afloat, that my only choice is to give up on everything I've tried to build for myself here. I don't talk about it -- and not just here on my blog, where I've promised I'll never rant and rave, but everywhere and with everyone -- but it's there in the back of everything I do. That feeling of floundering in the dark until you wonder why you're even bothering to flounder at all, since it's obvious you're not getting anywhere.

I think I needed to hear that line. I think that, out of everything else in that movie, of everything I've seen or heard or read recently, that's what I needed to hear most. A reminder that lost is just one step away from found.

I'm going to hang onto that. I'm going to have faith in it. I'm going to keep walking, even if I don't quite know yet where I'm going.

Okay, so it's not a review. Sosumi. I'll do Sherlock Holmes later, all right? Sheesh! Let me have my moment, will ya?

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

That is an awesome quote!! Will have to write that one down.

{{hugs}}

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I'm glad it doesn't only resonate with me. If I had the time, I'd stitch it on a sampler and hang it on the wall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home