Sunday, January 03, 2010

Dear Charlie:

Well, it's the New Year. Twenty-ten.

My boys just finished out their season by kicking the crap out of Denver. Always a pleasure to see. They also finished better than last season at 4-12. Abysmal, yes, but not really. Not when you look closer.

We played a lot of close games. We stayed in almost all of them. Six of our losses were by one score or less and could've gone either way. The team underwent an almost complete overhaul, but still pulled together enough to hang tough.

I think things will be amazingly improved next year. I know I say that every year, but there's actually opportunity here. And, as I'm sure my beloved Chiefs are thinking, they've already won one game this year. Heh.

Also to look forward to in 2010 is my book coming out in May. I'm working on revisions now and will hopefully have a cover soon. Woot!

Otherwise, pretty much business as usual. My new hours with the new job are tripping me out a bit, but nothing I can't get used to. I know a few folks are feeling a little ignored, and I'm sorry for it, but since I work evenings/nights now, it's hard to get together with people with opposite schedules. I'm working on it!

At any rate, just wanted to squee a bit about my boys' big season-ending victory. We always love beating division rivals. Wheee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home