Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dear Charlie:

I've decided that Twitter is the devil.

Why, you ask? Because I can slop up a teeny-tiny little blurb over there and feel like I'm in touch while my poor, devoted, loyal blog over here sits fallow for half a month. That's why.

Poor Charlie. I didn't mean to abandon you.

Thankfully, I've not been idle these last couple of weeks. I've been writing up a storm, though I'm currently at one of those spots that I've already rewritten three times and still don't have quite right. I've typed-and-trashed this same section twice...and don't like the current version either, so it's gonna be rewritten as soon as I can figure out where I went wrong.

I think I'm too excited about the next section to get this one right. The next section is that first catastrophic meeting with the antagonist, and while not exactly a candy bar scene, I can't wait to write it. Since I decided to action this book up, I've had such a good time coming up with action scenes and making them crucial to character development.

Seriously. I wrote a car chase. Never wrote a car chase before. I think it even works, and who knew such a visual medium would work in literary form??

Anyway, I still don't have the house for sale yet. I need to do some little nitpicky things before calling the realtor -- not the least of which is mowing the other half of the yard -- but since I got to writing hardcore on this story, I kinda lost my drive in that direction. I hate when that happens, and I'm having the devil of a time getting it back.

I blame Twitter. Because I can.

Also having a little more luck on the job front. I found a better-paying position that I've interviewed for, but I've heard from other people who've interviewed there that you have to do like three interviews before being hired...and thus far I haven't even heard back on the first one, so...yikes.

But I just got another call today about another position. It pays a little less (less than my old job, in fact) and is a front office position (which I'd hoped to avoid), but I imagine the benefits will be just as good and I'm not sure how choosy I can afford to be right now. It's not like I can't do front office work. I just don't particularly like it, ya know?

So, we'll see. It's at the fire department, so maybe the excitement factor of all those emergencies will make up for it being a phonehead position. Heheh. You never know. And I'm pretty sure firemen and cops would like cookies and football, right?

So all is basically well. I'm dying to go see my beloved sister's new haircut and color, but at the moment, our schedules aren't lining up. Ha! What schedule!

You'd be surprised. I've been busy.

Oh, and could everyone kinda send some kind thoughts Dave's way? He killed his back at work and was off for a week and can't afford to be off anymore (mentally or fiscally), so he's working in agony right now. Actually, he probably just got off his shift a couple of hours ago (works overnights), but you know what I mean.

Thanks, guys! Now, I gotta go sign me and some friends up for a cake decorating class.

Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home