Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear Charlie:

Well, today was the last day at the new office. It was harder than I thought it'd be. These people have been really good to me for no other reason than that I'm apparently amusing and am always willing to work hard and go the extra mile. I'm not used to being treated well because of that.

Usually, it just gives me more stuff to do.

Anyway, these folks are great, and they really don't want me to leave, and, honestly, if not for the Powers That Be continually sending me back to the old office all the time, I'd have stayed there a good long while. I just can't do it anymore. That old office just sucks the life out of me.

And I "get" to spend my last day there. I probably could've gotten out of it, but I still like some of those people, and there's one more basic thing I need to teach the new lady, so I'll give them one more day.

Nothing new on the job front. I've been too busy refurbishing and working to put in more than a few applications and call a few places, so that'll be my top priority starting Monday. While I could use a good, long vacation, I can't afford one any more than anyone else can, so hopefully, something will come up quick.

And, unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about my friend. We've pretty much been focused on the yearly certification audit at work, but I'll be asking around at the old office tomorrow to see if anyone has heard anything positive. I'm hoping.

And praying.

It just seems wrong to me that at the same time my life options are flying wide open, someone else's are narrowed to a knife's edge.

But anyway.

1 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

Tough having to quit, but it is indeed an opportunity for you. I hope you were able to get in touch with your sick friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home