Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dear Charlie:

Dude, think me and Dad set a record today. The master bedroom is now completely finished.

We moved everything but the bed out (shoved it to the middle of the room) first. Then I scraped the last two walls while Dad picked up bricks outside (don't ask), then Dad spackled while I swept the carpet (what?), then I swiped off the woodwork while Dad sanded.

Then, it was time to paint. I stirred the paint FOREVER while Dad taped. I'm so not kidding. That paint had been sitting for a good year, and it was all sorts of messed up. Anyway, then Dad finished up a little more spackling while I started painting around the taped woodwork.

Yeah, he totally beat me with his whole roller rig, but it looks AWESOME. I was so tired of seeing puttied drywall in there. Now it's all sorts of gorgeous. And I got rid of a whole bag of clothes to take to Goodwill, so I don't feel all selfish for being excited with my awesome sauce bedroom.

Then we had to re-clean the dining room, though. We'd moved all the dusty crap out to the dining room, where I cleaned it all before putting it back. DUST. There is DUST in my house. Good Lord, there is DUST.

Taking over the world kind of DUST.

But I kicked its ass, and Dad sucked it all up in his water vacuum thingy, and now the whole front 2/3 of the house is totally done.

While I was going through clothes and taking the ol' Pledge to the bedroom furniture, Dad took on the utility room. It is now practically empty. It hasn't been practically empty since I've lived here. It's awesome. That's actually a pretty good sized room.

So, I'll have to sort through the kitchen this week (and paint some cabinets, which I'm sort of looking forward to) and maybe pry up the bathroom linoleum tiles. They work great in the kitchen, but they're HORRIBLE in the bathroom. I'm taking them up. You can't stop me.

Then? Well, I think then, we'll be ready to put this Betty on the market and get rid of her.

...

My poor house. I'm going to miss it so. It's ironic that I'm finally getting it just the way I wanted it...in time to sell it to someone else. Guh.

But I'm putting my foot down. Tired of being broke all the time. I WILL downsize.

I so swear.

...

That whimpering you hear? Ignore it. Totally allergies from all the DUST.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

Yay for you! Paint is a wonderful thing. Just be glad you didn't have to strip wallpaper first.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Oh, I did have to strip wallpaper. Only two of four walls (the other two, I'd already done), but there was definitely wallpaper stripping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home