Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dear Charlie:

God, this is SO cracking me up.

Here's the premise: take one seriously FUBAR-ed video, state what's literally happening on the screen, and sing that description along the lines of the original melody. Mix and half-bake, and you got ninja football players, Fonzie clones, and feelin'-up featherheads.

Good grief.

Equally hilarious is this riff on MeatLoaf. Dude. Seriously. Give the poor guy back his necklace, and quit interrupting Herbal Essenses commercials.

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands, but what would we do without them? I mean, c'mon. If I had the time and the required equipment?

Yeah. I'd be doing nothing but. I've already thought of like five videos I'd love to get my hands on. Heh.

Okay. Enough goofing around. Back to housework. Guh.

One more thing: spider solitaire is the devil. I'm just sayin. Here I have sixty million and one things to do, and yet I just blew a good hour and a half playing spider solitaire while I was supposedly pausing for lunch.

Sure. I ate for like ten minutes.

All I can say is thank God it wsn't Free Cell. I could play that game for DAYS. Or mahjong. Or sudoku.

Dammit.

4 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

OMG those literal versions are hilarious! Thanks to you, I need never lack something for my Musical Monday posts, either.

...I wonder if they have any Michael Jackson?...

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I did laugh out loud at "I'm the Kool Aid Man"...
Anyway, I know you used to like Jeff Goldbloom and I found a 1984 movie that may be for you. Haven't had the guts to watch it yet but you were always much braver with wierd movies.
"The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension".

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Heh, I dunno about MJ, WW, but they do have A-HA's Take on Me, which is effing brilliant.

Aha?

And is that you, Matt? Heh, yeah, I'm pretty "brave". I'll definitely have to give that one a try. I've heard of it but never watched it.

I love me some Jeff Goldblum.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Crap! The A-HA link only shows up if you're in the "post a comment" screen! What a crock!

Here, copy and paste, I guess. Lame!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e062d7b4d5/take-on-me-literal-video-version-from-dustfilms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home