Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dear Charlie:

*sheepish*

Okay, so I haven't posted nearly as much since I hopped on Twitter. I figured I wouldn't use my Twitter account much, and yet here I am, dropping a line or two over there almost every day and not bothering to update the ol' blog that's been so faithful for so many years.

I'm such a jerk. But at least I totally updated my Chiefs scoreboard. I didn't want anyone to think I was ashamed of that 2-14 final tally, so I left it up longer than usual, but I think July is plenty time to get the new schedule up. I've always found that with a new schedule comes new hope.

Yup. I'm a Chiefs fan. My motto is "There's always next year". Oi.

Anyway, lots of stuff going on, but I feel like time's getting away from me. I'm trying to do two things at once -- get another job and get my house ready for sale -- in a murderously short period of time, and oh, how the time is flying. That's great for at work, where the days are literally skimming by as I try to get everything done that I need to (though I know that's impossible), but not so great at home.

Dude. Seriously. Eight years worth of crap to sort through and throw away. Good God.

Plus, I'm totally on the writing jones at the moment, so while I'm sorting, I'm actually thinking of other stuff, and I'm pretty sure I've thrown away more than I intended to. Yeah, I need this to be a purge of sorts, but with a plot in mind? I might as well just set a match to my stuff. Heheh.

But I have managed to write over lunches, and that's saved me a bit. So I guess I'm trying to do three things at once in a murderously short period of time. Call me multi-talented. Heheh.

Anyway.

So I want to share a little conversation I had with a friend at work. A lot of people are actually being really cool about wanting me to stay. It's kinda giving me the warm fuzzies.

However, most are finally convinced that I'm serious about leaving, so they're trying to minimize the going by trying to find me jobs close by. The LPN at the office thus went on the career website of the hospital we're affiliated with and started reading job descriptions.

She hollered in from her office: "Molly? Are you bilingual?"

I hollered back: "I can cuss in seven languages. Does that count?"

"...I don't think so."

I went back to work, figuring that was that, but like a bare minute later, she hollered back in: "Hey, they have a listing for a chaplain! Could you be a chaplain?"

I paused a moment, then hollered back: "I just said I can cuss in seven languages!"

There was much laughing. Good times.

Yeah, I totally told that story on Twitter, but it took two posts there and I couldn't really ham it up like over here. Pros and cons, folks. Pros and cons.

Anyway, so I'm looking for other things -- trying to get out of office work, honestly -- and we'll see how it goes. Until then, back to the cleaning grindstone. Guh.

I have mentioned that I'm a lousy housekeeper, right?

Double guh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home