Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dear Charlie:

Ever watch a movie where one of the minor characters really annoys the hell out of you? Well, I'm watching Killshot, and the little hyper guy is driving me bugshit. I can't help it. I like the actor well enough, but in this one, he's being criminally stupid.

No, that's not a pun, though he is a criminal.

In fact, lots of people in this flick are criminally stupid. Thomas Jane has thus far been cool and resourceful, but Hyper Guy's girlfriend -- played by Rosario Dawson, who's definitely had better roles -- might well be mentally challenged in her Elvis fixation and lunatic loyalty to Hyper Guy. Lordy.

Mickey Rourke does a passable Blackbird, though only his hair looks Indian. Diane Lane does a passable wants-to-leave wife who isn't sure she really wants to leave, although her dithering is getting old. Honestly, at this point, I'm really only watching for Mr. Jane. Even the cops are being criminally stupid.

I mean, you find two dead bodies in a burned-out car, and you assume they're the ones you're looking for and send your only two eye-witnesses back into danger? I can only hope they're using the unhappy couple as bait because otherwise...yeah. Criminally stupid.

Oh, well. I'm only an hour or so in. Could get better. And hey, it's Thomas Jane.

Oh! And my new phone is awesome. I even have Goku -- the anime one, not the *coughchoke* live action...thing -- as the wallpaper. With an orange background. Heheh.

I'm such a dork.

[EDIT: Nope, the cops were criminally stupid. Hopeful Hubby and Dithering Damsel-in-Distress had to save themselves because the cops apparently had their thumbs up their collective butts. Oi.

Admittedly, by all accounts, this flick was butchered by rewrites, reshoots, and revisioning all over the place, which is why it didn't get a wide release. The original product was probably at least marginally better. Oh, well. Thomas Jane looked great in it. Heh.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home