Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dear Charlie:

Funny how time gets away from you, ain't it?

So, to skip ahead, it's snowing in great, big, gorgeous flakes outside. They're piling up in those lovely, concealing piles that make the world look fresh and new instead of dead and wintery. I love snow. Hate ice, but love snow.

And I just got done watching Maximum Overdrive. Never watched it before. I think I'll have to watch it at least ten more times, if for no other reason than to really, really enjoy the AC/DC soundtrack. God, I love it.

Hilarious flick. Not a good flick, by any stretch -- plot holes you could chuck a cat through -- but highly entertaining, which makes it a successful flick in my humble estimation. And it has Emilio Estevez, who will always be Billy the Kid to me. Or the guy from Loaded Weapon, heh.

Awesome.

I also have interestingly good news. I'll be switching jobs shortly. Still working for the same company, but in a different office. I can't wait. It's gonna be awesome. Dunno how quick the change will happen -- they gotta hire someone, probably wait their two weeks, and then I gotta train -- but it will happen.

Also awesome.

I ran myself down to the nub last week, what with getting the car fixed and making sure the new job went through and a special project at work, so I came down with a migraine that still hasn't completely gone away. Not so awesome. But I'm getting on top of it.

Plus, I started a new writing project. Yes, another one. Yes, at the same time as I'm still writing two others. What can I say? Variety is the spice of life.

Let us not forget that too much friggin' spice burns the hell out of your tongue. Heheh. One of these days, I'll learn. Promise.

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

Hope the work change is what you wanted. And glad the car's running again.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Thanks, WW. I appreciate it. The different job is what I wanted. I don't like to get maudlin here, so I don't talk about work too much, but yeah. I'm looking forward to a new placement. Plus, I can wear scrubs over there, where I have to go "office casual" where I am now.

Heh. Wearing pajamas to work. What's not to like?

And the car's running pretty well. I gotta run it back to the tranny place Monday (it shudders a little when it shifts up and down), but other than that, it's all good. It's SO good to have my own car back. I forget how long I've had it, but after driving the same vehicle for almost a decade, I don't want to drive a different one.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Pesh said...

Oooo! So you're finally getting started on that Prince Nuada fic? Yea!

*braces for the crushing of her dream*

Anyhoo, one of my Biomed guys turned me on to a nifty little site called Pandora. It custom builds radio stations around your favorite artist. I typed in Sting and I've had to give a thumbs up to almost everything it threw at me. Kick ass.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Hmmm...Pandora sounds awesome. I'll have to put in MeatLoaf. I mean Nine Inch Nails. Um...I mean The Offspring. Or the Violent Femmes. Or even Metallica, for goodness' sake. Oi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home