Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dear Charlie:

You know, I don't talk about the adored brother often here. I blab all day about my beloved sister, but Toby? Nary a peep.

*snerk*

It's because he's a JERK. That's right. A JERK.

See, he just called me tonight to give me a little news. He's all, "You're gonna be mad at me. I can't be at Mom's Saturday for Thanksgiving."

I replied that he's right. I was a little mad (not really, but there's a theater to family conversations, you understand). He said that wasn't why I'd be mad.

At this point, I started to get a really bad suspicion.

See, the adored brother is a construction worker. Who works in Kansas City. Guess what else is in Kansas City and that's being extensively renovated/remodeled?

Yeah. That jerk is working on Arrowhead Stadium, home of my beloved Chiefs. And he called me to brag about it! That's why he won't be at Mom's for Thanksgiving -- because he's working on Arrowhead Stadium. Or on the training facilities, which is almost worse because he gets to see the players running around all week.

JERK.

And, of course, one of the conditions of working on said Arrowhead Stadium project is that they can't so much as hint to any of the players that they might possibly like an autograph. Not by word or deed. So he can't even take advantage of the situation to get his kid sister (ha! I'm over 30!) a single signature. Called me to tell me this. 'Specially for it.

BIG. JERK.

So...not only will I not see my brother and my newest nephew until possibly Christmas...but I'll be sitting at the table on Saturday and envying the big jerk for being at one of my absolute favorite places in the world while I'm stuck eating ambrosial Mom food NOT at Arrowhead Stadium. Kinda defeats the purpose of "giving thanks", don't it?

Dude. Seriously. Not cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home