Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dear Charlie:

Lots of fun stuff today.

First and foremost, the frackin' fantastic news that Tropic Thunder will be out on DVD this coming Tuesday! Woot! I thought it would be December before I'd get to see it again!

Sorry. Little excited.

Also, Pesh and I had a hilarious conversation over e-mail today that warrants sharing if she doesn't mind. *snerk* We'll see, eh?

And, as long ago requested and promised, I'll post up some more mantis bugs. Yikes! I got most of them now, so I'll probably just post little pics here (Blogger willing, of course) with links to the full-sized images. That way, you're only stuck with the big images you actually want to see.

Here's an idea of the ridiculous profusion of bugs on my office's walls. It's hard to really get the feeling without seeing them all together, but this is closer.



Yeah. Lots of bugs. So many that even that one wall needs two wide pics to encompass it. Here's to the corner:



Disney and Warner Bros. characters here:



Superheroes here and here, along with some of the animals:





And here is Kiss -- drawn by a 13-year-old! -- and some Transformers:



Oh, and I added a Creature from the Black Lagoon to the monster wall:



And finally...my utter geekitude laid out even more fully than the Star Wars and Scooby Doo bugs in the first picture, more fully than all the superheroes, and more fully than the Cap'n Jack Sparrow and Davey Jones on the Disney wall.

Yes. DragonBall Z bugs, only one of which isn't mine. Good grief.





Yeesh. All I can say for myself is that I did less than half of these bugs...but that's not saying much. There are darn near 200 of them up now.

*facepalms repeatedly*

Again, many, many thanks to Darcalus for taking these pics for me so I can post them for all of you. Hope you get a kick out of them and a better idea of just how on fire these things have become.

Sure, it's mostly the kids we help who are turning them in, now, but still. It's pretty impressive to have such a wide array of interest and such a huge percentage of participation. I think it's a good thing. One of the few in the last several hard months.

Probably why I get such a kick out of it.

And yes, there are four -- count 'em, FOUR -- Gokus in the DragonBall Z bugs. I can't help it. He's my favorite monkey of them all. *sigh*

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Pesh said...

Post away you crazy ass. Whatever it takes to get you writing.

*wrings hands*

Bwehehe...

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Wretch! I'm not writing Prince Nuada fanfiction!

*cracks up*

Though not for lack of sporking. Of the freaky-scary variety. Yikes.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Bulma16 said...

"First and foremost, the frackin' fantastic news that Tropic Thunder will be out on DVD this coming Tuesday! Woot! I thought it would be December before I'd get to see it again!"

I saw the ad on my AOL yesterday afternoon and immediately thought of you Geebers, heh. I still need to watch it. I can't let that be the one Ben Stiller movie I DONT see, especially when it actually looks to be funny...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home