Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dear Charlie:

I may well be a shoddy housekeeper, but when I get the jones, I can mop with the best of 'em. I got tired of being able to see where I walk on the linoleum, so I pulled out the broom and swept, then pulled out the ol' mop and went for it.

Now, for people who are good (and consistent) at housekeeping, mopping ain't that big a deal. They just bring out their little squeegie-looking sponge mop, swish-swish, and they're done. But me? Yeah. I admit it freely. TERRIBLE at housekeeping.

So mopping at my house is an ordeal. I worked up a sweat. Mopping is exercise, I tell you.

But my bathroom and kitchen floors are gleaming, the whole house smells like Pine-Sol, my bathtub (which I use for a mop bucket) is squeaky-clean, my bathroom sink is spotless, my kitchen sink is actually empty of dishes for the first time in two weeks, and my hands are pruny. And football's on, which is cool even though my Chiefs don't come on until the afternoon game.

Okay, yeah, so I'd planned to do the mopping thing yesterday, but I got sidetracked. And pretty much just didn't want to do it. So I put it off. I'm an expert at indefinitely putting off things I don't want to do.

Which goes back to the whole "terrible housekeeper" thing. But hey. At least I'm trying, right?

Right??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home