Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dear Charlie:

Continuing on my horror movie month, I rented the Urban Legends trilogy last night. Dumb, I know, but kinda funny, too. Until I realized that instead of 1, 2, and 3, I had 1, 3, and 3. Yeah. Reeeeeal good filing system they got at the ol' video store.

But when I took them back this morning, they were kind enough to give me a free rental, since it turns out they don't have the second movie at all. So, I rented the first three Jason movies. I mean, it just kinda struck me as I stood there staring with glee at the horror shelf that, while I've chowed my way through such franchises as Nightmare on Elm Street and the Halloween flicks (all but that wretched third one that no one cares about), and I've watched such clunkers as Jason X and Freddy vs. Jason, I've never actually watched the Friday the 13th series.

Say it ain't so!

So, I picked up the first three on a whim...and then stumbled upon Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer. Dear God, it looks like a bad remake of Army of Darkness in a little bit more modern setting. And after watching it, I gotta say that AoD has no competition here. Heh.

Don't get me wrong. It has Robert Englund in it, so it's not all bad. But...oi. It's...pretty darn bad. Heheh. Thankfully, it's that funny kind of bad that makes it not so hard to sit through. Campy good fun for everyone.

And now, I gotta watch Mrs. Vorhees cut her way through a slew of slovenly, pot-smoking, sex-pot teenagers. God, I love October.

KILL-kill-kill-kill-HA-ha-ha-ha....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home