Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dear Charlie:

I totally kyped this from Xero Sky, one of the most talented (and poignantly hilarious) fanfiction writers out there. I usually avoid internet memes like the plague, but I like the structure of this one. Kinda like how I usually don't like writing poetry, but you give me a villanelle or something with that much structure and that many rules (like haiku), and I am all there.

What can I say? I like a challenge. Or a dare. *shrug* Either works.


Ten things I wish I could say to ten different people:

1. You inspire me every day.
2. Thank you for wanting to stand up for me, even though I did it for myself first.
3. If I could pick my family, you would definitely be my brother.
4. No offense. [This is to my actual brother, of course.]
5. Grow up. Seriously.
6. At some point, you have to learn from your mistakes. Ignorance may be bliss, but willful stupidity is a waste of an otherwise perfectly good brain.
7. If you really knew me, you'd either fall head over heels in love or run screaming into the night. I'm not sure which option is more preferable to me.
8. I made you a hat.
9. I quit.
10. Love doesn't always have to be trumpets and fireworks and sighing until you pass out from over-oxygenation. Sometimes, love is quiet. Sometimes, love is trust. Sometimes, love is your best friend. And that's okay.

Nine things about me:

1. I don't like toothpicks. I don't know why.
2. I can pack for a whole month in one carry-on-sized bag.
3. I don't like talking on the phone.
4. I sometimes wish I could just be a hermit.
5. I have this odd fascination with working the word "monkey" into everyday conversation.
6. I like to reply to important work e-mails with gibberish. Keeps people on their toes.
7. I also like to add useless but amusing trivia facts to important work e-mails. Again with the tiptoe thing.
8. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue in under 6 seconds.
9. I'm a rotten housekeeper.

Eight things to win my heart:

1. What heart?
2. Develop a sense of humor. Seriously. Laughter is better than sex. Laughter during sex is better still.
3. Open the window to listen to the rain with me.
4. Read. Or talk football with me. Either works.
5. Be snarky and charming. Tricky but entirely possible.
6. Lose the arrogance. It's a severe turn-off. However, cockiness is okay, and confidence is great.
7. Possess at least better-than-average intelligence. I love to laugh, but I also love to have a decent conversation on a wide variety of subjects.
8. Dress like Goku in DragonBall Z. You could probably just skip all the other ones and just do this.

Seven things that cross my mind a lot:

1. It's not fair for cartoon characters to be so damn attractive.
2. I think I might have been meant for a different generation.
3. I should go to bed early.
4. I should've gone to bed early.
5. The entire gas/oil/petroleum industry should be strung up by their toenails.
6. Surely, there's more to life than this.
7. Why are feet so frickin disgusting, and why do so many people love to show theirs off??

Six things you do before you fall asleep:

1. Pray for sleep.
2. Take a bath/shower.
3. Listen to music.
4. Set the alarm.
5. Smooth the fitted sheet. I can deal with tossed covers (I'm a serious tosser-turner), but I need the sheet under me to be smooth or I lay there obsessing over every little wrinkle.
6. Toss and turn.

Five people who mean a lot:

1. My beloved sister.
2. My mother.
3. Dave.
4. Pesh.
5. Kristi.

Four things you're wearing right now:

1. Underwear.
2. Boots. I am only without some form of shoe in the bath or in bed. Otherwise, I am shod.
3. My favorite old, ratty, fatigue-green sweatshirt.
4. Comfortably worn jeans. God's gift to man and woman alike.

Three songs you listen to often:

1. "Getting Smaller" - NIN
2. "Bye Bye, Blackbird" - Joe Cocker
3. "Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting" - Carl Douglas

[This list could literally go on for days. I love music, and I have no problem repeating a song or particular group for weeks at a time. Never get tired of it.]

Two things you want to do before you die:

1. Visit all 50 states.
2. Own my own used-book store without needing a profit, so I can truly enjoy being surrounded by so many works of literature without worrying about losing it all.

One confession:

1. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Sometimes, that makes me sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home