Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Dear Charlie:

So, my poor boys lost this weekend. Lost the game and lost the first string quarterback. There are those who would argue -- convincingly -- that Damon Huard should be the starter anyway, but I don't think so. He's proved himself an excellent back-up, but when they start him, he just gets beat up. Poor guy.

Not that I think Brodie Croyle is the future of the team, either. He gets hurt too much, and he doesn't do that stunningly when he's not hurt. Meh.

However, without placing any unintended credit on Bernard Pollard, my Chiefs do have the dubious distinction of knocking out the league's leading -- or at least most known -- quarterback for the rest of the season. Poor Brady. Nothing scarier than a season-ending injury to give everyone the butterflies about the rest of your career. Especially if your back-up does well. Yikes.

I dunno how Cassel will stand up to the bar set for a QB in New England, but I guess it's not really my business any longer. Unless, by some long-shot miracle, my boys get to the post season this year.

Bless their little rookie hearts.

But still, considering that everyone in the universe considered us the down-n-out underdogs of Week 1, a 17-10 loss to the Patriots ain't nothin' to spit at. Seriously. It gives me hope for games against less exalted offenses, because our defense wasn't so bad.

Sweetage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home