Thursday, September 25, 2008

Awesome Sidebar:

Oh, my God, I just made the frickin best soup ever.

I thought I'd made The Best Soup Ever last weekend. It was beef stroganoff soup, and it was creamy and mushroomy and wonderful. I even made fresh, homemade bread bowls to serve it in. Damn good, if I do say so myself.

But this? This is better. And it doesn't have a name. I just kinda made it up.

It's almost a chowder, but not quite. It's thick and rich. Potatoes, leeks, carrots, and celery. Herbs and spices. And ham. Yeah, a little weird, I know, but I didn't want chicken or turkey. And the ham works, man. It works awesome. A little roux and a little whole milk (I wanted heavy whipping cream, but I had to stop by a gas station on the way home, and all they had was vitamin D milk). And a dollop of sour cream for that finishing touch.

And in one of the leftover bread bowls? Duuuuuuude....

I'm so stuffed that I can't even finish eating the soup-soaked bread bowl, but I don't care. It was frickin awesome. And the house smells like awesome soup. I am so eating good this weekend.

Mmmmm.....

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

I have a corn and shrimp soup I love, and also a corn chowder, and a pumpkin bisque, and a... Well, there are so many great soups, aren't there?

My problem is I make too much and get sick of it, leaving the remainders to go bad in the fridge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home