Friday, August 29, 2008

Dear Charlie:

Just found out that the trailer for the dreaded DragonBall movie will finally see the light of day. It's supposed to be attached to Max Payne, which comes out in October.

Now, I dunno if this is a teaser trailer (the movie doesn't come out until April '09) or a full-length virtuosity, but it's about stinkin' time. I mean, all this "no press" stuff is really starting to wear on those of us who fear the worst from this flick.

Put it this way: I saw a Tropic Thunder trailer way back in February, and I could not wait to see it. Even went to the midnight showing, just to see it sooner.

Now, if FOX was sure of its product, wouldn't they assume that their DragonBall trailer would do much the same? Would pump up the long-standing fans and welcome new ones at the same time?

Not only has FOX put off the opening date until next Spring, but it has also been ridiculously clutch-fisted with its promotional materials. Posters have trickled out from fan cons and such, but I've only heard of a very short, very generic teaser trailer being seen at one fan con, and no one has any leaked footage.

So...is this supposed to build hype...or signal that FOX dreads this production as much as I do?

I guess we'll all find out in October.

Oi. I still can't believe Goku is in high school. What a disaster. Although Edy, bless his hilarious heart, has posited a few of his own plot points and populated his ideal DB movie with everyone from Burt Reynolds and Chuck Norris to Patrick Stewart and Chris Rock. In fact, he has so amused me that I'm tempted to write out a script just for those fascinating casting choices.

Heh. If nothing else, it would make for some seriously twisted fanfiction.

3 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Pesh said...

*buries the Geeb in incense and hot tea*

February to August = six months.

October to April = six months.

Go read some Xero Sky and feel the soothiness. You'll make it through this.

Maybe.

We'll know for certain in April.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Yeah, but...but...but I was looking forward to TT! Dread makes that time go sooooo much slower.

However, I will gratefully take the prescribed actions to rectify my sincere and debilitating dread. Sweetage.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Oh, and I think the reason it seems so much longer is because this movie was supposed to be out already, so you KNOW they had a trailer they could have slipped us by now! Those media tightwads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home