Saturday, July 26, 2008

Odd Sidebar:

So, I'm pausing in my workaholic, over-time-inducing, DMH-audit-time-of-the-year fog to bring you a...well, I suppose you'd call it a public service announcement.

Now, we all know I don't like to rant here. I can count the number of times I've done so on one hand without using all the fingers. Or the thumb. However, sometimes, even I reach a breaking point.

Some asshole hacked my sister's website and blog. Yeah.

My sister, who is stressed to the max right now because That Man is a potty word not worth adding to my considerable cuss-debt and decided that they needed to move just as he's had hernia surgery and magically can't help. And doing so without Sis's express permission until the deal was all but done. And generally being a shit about the whole deal.

The new house is a mess. It might have been designed by either a retard or a drunk. Or a drunk retard. Either way, I've never even heard of a house so ill-suited to habitation. But he wanted it, so she's stuck with it. For at least two years, because they can't afford to move again.

So, she's having to move, can't spare the time to write (which is her only escape valve and is becoming her second mode of income), having all sorts of trouble with her internet connections because she relies on said connection to...ya know...WORK HER MAIN JOB...and some asshole hacks her site while she can't do a damn thing about it.

Why do people do stupid stuff like that? What possible thrill is there in stepping on someone who is already down? And who has never done anything so mean to anyone else?

Sis is one of those rare people who is just genuinely a good person. She's nice to waiters and waitresses. She chats casually with cashiers at the store. She makes people smile because she's simply kind. She's an excellent and loving mother. The best sister that has ever walked the planet. A loyal and understanding friend.

And some asshole had to throw just one more log on her personal bonfire.

Luckily, she's savvy enough that, when she finally got her connection working, she got almost everything back the way it's supposed to be. She's working out the kinks, but those are minor.

But still....

I'm not monumentally naive. I know people suck. I say it all the time: I can like individuals, but people as a whole just suck.

But...why? What possible thrill is there in sending out anonymous and random attacks against people who haven't so much as blinked at you? I can understand revenge. I can understand a challenge. But...where's the insult? Where's the difficulty?

I just don't get it. And it pisses me off that my sister, who doesn't need this stupidity making her current bad situation worse, had to spend her valuable and lamentably short spare moment fixing shit that should have never been messed up in the first place.

Good luck finding a sympathetic shoulder when someone bitches up your site, asshole. Whoever you are. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your pubic hair. May someone piss in your cereal. May you some day become aware in a painful and hopefully embarrassing place of the folly (and consequences) of your actions.

And may you get genital warts.

I'm just sayin.

I love you, Sis, and I'm sorry that people suck.

/rant

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I *love* you, Sis! The drunk retard thing had me smiling. The blog is mostly back--except for a few things that aren't quite right on the admin side--but it was definitely a wake up call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home