Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dear Charlie:

Whew. Sometimes, it's all I can do to post once a week. Sometimes, I can't stop myself from posting once a day. Talk about feast or famine!

I don't really know why that's so. Some months, it seems I post more when I'm writing. Like the creativity can't be contained in a single medium, and I have to yak here to polish up some of the overspill. Some months, I post less when I'm writing. Like I only have enough time and creativity for one thing and all my focus must go into that story and forcing myself to work so I can pay the bills. That's all I got.

Yeah, I'm writing at the moment, but...something's missing. Dunno what it is, but when I figure it out, I'll be the last to know.

Heheh.

Anyway, I came to the mortifying conclusion the other day that out of probably 130+ mantises on our office walls, I've done...God, I hate to admit this...so I won't...I've done PLENTY. Not even gonna admit a number.

But far more than anyone else. Why, you ask? Why take time out of my precious writing time to doodle and color bugs that serve no earthly purpose beyond oddly-shaped and colorful wallpaper?

Because I started doodling DragonBall Z bugs. Yes, you read right. I finally broke down to the pleas and doodled a Goku. And another, because he looks so different at Super Saiyan. And another, because Super Saiyan Three is my favorite. And another, because, while I don't watch GT, Super Saiyan Four grows on me. And I couldn't doodle a Goku without a Vegeta, now could I?

It went on from there. There are currently 15 DBZ bugs, and to my relief, only 14 are mine. Yes, I'm not the only DBZ geek at work. Thank you, Richard, for Super Saiyan Trunks.

Anyway, that's obviously not what's missing. Heheh.

Oh! And the coolest thing ever, one of our kids brought in 4 bugs, all by himself. Who were they, you ask? KISS! Yes, a preteen in this country still knows the rocking awesomeness of KISS, and doodled them in full stage make-up. Woo-hoo!

Those babies got pride of place, I tell you. Awesome.

Well, I'm off to get some caffeine. Yes, I ran out of Coke. Yes, this constitutes a crisis equivalent to a rift in the space-time continuum. And yes, I wrote this post completely unaided by my favorite mood-altering substance, which probably explains its rambling and directionless nature.

Must. Have. Coke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home