Friday, April 25, 2008

Dear Charlie:

Okay, so for the first time ever, a Ren Faire is coming to my area. I've always thought it would be geeky good fun to go to one. All the period costumes, the pseudo-period food and drink, the jousting, the swordplay, the armor and fighting....

Yeah. Guess what I'm looking forward to.

Anyway, so a whole group of us are headed there tomorrow. Better yet? My beloved sister is coming down to go with me! We so rarely get to see each other, so it just adds a nice spice to the day.

Something tells me there will be turkey legs you could stop a crime with, enough ale to drown a monkey in, and a few oohs and aahs along the way. Stuff to see. Stuff to blow money on. And Renaissance stuff galore.

Good times will abound. And maybe Sis will get a little inspiration for Conn, a character whose forearms are legendary, thanks to his love of Ren Faire-type swordplay. Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home