Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dear Charlie:

Okay, so I know I'm easily suckered into taking on too much. I do it at work all the time. It's my curse -- my fatal flaw.

So, when the secretary at my building was elected Queen of Fools -- the hospital we're affiliated with elects a bunch of people to run fundraisers for Children's Miracle Network, and whoever raises the most money is named King or Queen -- I sympathized and tried to help. Came up with some ideas, helped make some signs, grubbed for everyone's pennies, etc.

And then...Wednesday...came The Idea. It wasn't my Idea. It was someone else's Idea. I just got sucked into it.

I don't know how it happens. One minute, I'm thinking, "Oh, my God, what a pain in the ashcan!" The next, I'm signing up.

This time, it's a cake auction. Of course, I love to bake. And lots of people seem to like what I bake, because everyone kinda looked at me when the cake auction was announced. I shrugged and said, "Sure. I'll put something in."

Something turned into a carrot cake, a chocolate cake, and an apple cobbler. Keep in mind that there are only 10 cakes/pies total in this little auction.

And the auction is TOMORROW.

So, the Geeb has been baking up a storm all night long, and now it's time to cool out the kitchen enough to make frosting. The cake layers are cool. The cobbler's just about to come out of the oven. So, as soon as I hit the publish button, I'll be turning off the oven and opening the kitchen and dining room windows to get all that hot air out.

Then, it's time to get creative. I swear that's my favorite part of making cakes -- the decorating. Heh. I can't wait!

[MIDNIGHT EDIT: Decoration complete. I think they look pretty good. House is nice and cool. Geeb is frickin tired and her neck hurts really bad. *grin* In other words, a total success. Two cakes and a cobbler in less than six hours? Oh, yeah.]

4 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I would SOOOO bid high if I were there! Those cakes sound incredible.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Well, all three of my additions sold. Woot! It was a great take for CMN, and hopefully it'll boost the secretary's chances of at least nudging in amongst the hospital folk, who will still blow her away. *grin* Oh, well.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Robin S. said...

Hi Gutterball-

When you have a sec, could you pop me an email? There's some information I want to send your way about an upcoming surprise. (I know this sounds goofy- sorry!)

Robin S.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

No worries! Goofy is always quite welcome in my direction. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home