Friday, February 08, 2008

Dear Charlie:

"Is it over?"

"Not until the fish jumps."

*plop*

"It's over."


Heh, I admit it's not terribly funny to anyone who doesn't watch DragonBall Z, but it cracks me right up. Yeah, I'm having a DBZ kind of week. Been watching old episodes and some of the movies again, revisiting my favorite moments. I laughed until I cried a couple of times. I also remembered why Kakarot is my favorite character: he looks and acts so innocent, but he can be such an ass!

Gotta love him.

Anyway, on the writing front, I've been cranking out pages, but I'm not sure they're what I want. You know how sometimes you get a flow going, and the words just fly from your fingers...but you're suspicious?

Usually when I'm in The Zone like this, I have no doubt that I'm on the right track. But with this project, I'm taking the progress with a grain of salt. I've never written anything like it before, so I don't know if the banter I'm cranking out is...I dunno...appropriate. I don't want it to come out sounding cheesy. Funny is okay, and will actually serve to lighten a rather dark mood. But cheesy....

*shrug*

I dunno. I'm okay with cheesy in my horror stories and definitely in my sci-fi stuff, but this one...is a little more complicated. So...I'm suspicious. I'm not only looking this gift horse in the mouth, but lifting its feet to check the mileage on the hooves. Heh.

Oh, well. Back to DBZ. Strangely enough, it seems to help my concentration. Woot!

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Dbz is love. It will always have a solid place in my heart. Trying to finish my new Dbz game...will never get tired of the one-liners. Cheese is always delicious!

Oooh, writings! Yay! I'm glad you're back in the groove and I can't wait to read it when you're ready to share. My epics stand at 55,000 and 9,000 words respectively. I hope to finish them before the year is through.

Bug hugs, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home