Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dear Charlie:

You know you've seen all the right movies when your first comment upon exiting the house into an unusually thick fog -- which is rare enough this time of year -- is "Sweet! A zombie or a ravenous creature from another dimension is gonna get me!"

Yeah.

So Pesh had me over to save me from Action Movie Hell. Yup. Finally saw Shoot 'Em Up, and I can honestly say I hurt myself laughing so hard. This flick is delightfully -- yes, delightfully -- macabre and just damn funny. Clive Owen's facial expressions are so subtle...but so friggin hysterical.

And Paul Giamatti...God, is there anything that man can't do? Is there a part he's capable of screwing up?

Yeah, I'm sure you're waiting for a plot synopsis or something, but there really isn't one. A plot, not a synopsis. Heh, what we generally consider a "plot" here is just a thin tissue upon which a vast canvas of carnage, destruction, and billions of spent bullet cartridges is painted. The movie is almost beautiful in its abandon.

Good times. And no Action Movie Hell for me. Woot! Two for one!

Thanks, Pesh!

4 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Pesh said...

My pleasure!

I take it this post means you didn't have to fend off any mist monsters?

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Nary a one. *sigh* It was extremely...weird...to drive through, though. Just soupy and slow, somehow. Very cool, but very weird.

 
At 1:24 PM, OpenID Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh MAN, I'm so jealous!!!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Neechan!

SO many movies, and none of which have appeared here. Lions for Lambs appeared on the art circuit for about two weeks while I was in Thailand, and I so badly wanted to watch it. We get all the blockbusters here, but not the alternative stuff, so much. Sadness abounds.

Big hugs, Neechan. I hope the weather there improves. We're having a national power crisis, what fun, so I sympathise with your week-long power cut.

-Zo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home