Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dear Charlie:

Crazy. Week.

Yeah. Work late Monday. Work late Tuesday. Donate plasma late Wednesday. Sleep a lot Thursday and feel like it's Sunday all day because of sleep and football. Donate plasma Friday morning, drive to Mom's in afternoon. Go...*trembles*...SHOPPING Saturday. Okay, not like Christmas shopping, and not in any big shopping center, so it wasn't so bad, but it was still shopping. Heh.

Anyway, then I watched most of the MU/KU game at Mom's last night and drove back home, arriving in the wee small hours because I had to stop at Wally World and don't want to be anywhere near a Wally World during the daylight hours this close to Christmas.

Today? I'm just chillaxin. Watching some football. Noshing some snacks. Haven't even eaten a meal yet -- just some chips and dip, and not even much of that. I think I'm too tired to eat. I mean, this is the first time all week I've spent more than fifteen minutes on-line. Weirdness.

Hopefully, this week at work won't be too taxing. I had to deal with a trouble-maker all week last week and most of the week before, so I was seriously ready for four days away. Sometimes, I just want to slip into hermit-mode and not deal with other people for a while. I could easily just slink away to the boonies during those times, turn off both my phone and my internet, and just read a book -- thanks for Lick of Frost, Sis; it was great! -- or write a ton. I need those times to recharge and get back into the flow of people's idiosyncracies again.

Sometimes, people just suck.

Luckily enough, my beloved Chiefs are ahead of the loathed and despised Raiders at the moment, but even as I type, that might change. We may well be the best defense in the Red Zone in the NFL, but that don't mean the opposing team never scores. Ack!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though. Happy football, everyone!

...

Didn't even get the post button hit before the friggin Faders scored. *grumblegrumble* Maybe I shoulda knocked on wood?

3 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Glad you enjoyed A Lick of Frost! Poor Chiefs. I can't believe they lost another... It's hard being a Chiefs fan sometimes.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Naw. It's not hard to be a Chiefs fan. It's just hard to be an optimistic Chiefs fan. *grin*

It's funny, but after weeks of the announcers wondering why Herm didn't put Brody Croyle in sooner, they're now asking why Herm messed with a relatively predictible status quo (we were, what, 4-3 when Croyle came in? 4-4?) by taking Huard out. *facepalm*

I don't get football announcers. Geez. I don't have a problem with Herm taking Huard out. The poor guy was basically just getting beat up. He's a great back-up, but I've always said that's what he should stay. The offensive line isn't good enough this year to give him time to throw.

So bring in the young pup. I got no problem with that, either, even when we don't win. If Croyle's the future (which I still don't quite buy), then he has to learn the game. He has to learn the pace, the noise, the pressure. No problem. Put him in.

What bothers me is the zone defense that lets a crappy team make up big chunks of yardage in a vain effort to prevent huge plays. I mean, c'mon. We have the #1 Red Zone defense in an extremely competitive NFL...and we can't stop the friggin RAIDERS??

It's not our boys I get irritated with. It's the coaching. But again, I wasn't terribly thrilled to hear Herm was taking the job, anyway. Guh.

I just keep reminding myself that this is another rebuilding year. We had a good, long stretch where we were reliably good. It's gonna be hard to get back into that "gotta shift around the offensive line, gotta try a different quarterback, gotta come up with a running back, gotta gotta gotta" again.

However, I do say that our back-up back-up running back did outstandingly well. I couldn't tell if it was the offensive line giving him a break or if he's really that slippery. Considering Croyle had a pitiful pass completion total...I imagine the runner is just that good. *grin* Which don't bother me a bit.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I actually lik Croyle quite a bit and I'm patient with his mistakes. At least he plays with fire and heart, unlike Huard who acted like he was afraid to throw the damned ball.

I don't mind Herm so much. But the play calling SUCKS. Absolutely retarded play calling. I totally agree on the zone defense too. Oooh, we're ahead by 3 points! Let's play conservative and lose the game!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home