Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dear Charlie:

First off, yay! It's football day again!

Why is it that I always seem to backslide into only posting weekly during football season? Hm...interesting correlation.

Anyway, second, I haven't gushed over Vin Diesel in a while. Not since...geez, I guess not since Find Me Guilty. And that's a cryin' shame, because that is a man worth gushing over, no matter what you believe (or don't) about his sexual preference. He could stand in a corner and read stereo instructions, and I'd smile and gaze at him like a moonling.

At any rate, the reason I bring up the Man with the Voice is because, on a whim (and since I got up so unholy early this morning for no good reason I can fathom), I popped in The Fast and the Furious. Yeah, not the best movie ever made. But enjoyable? Hells yeah.

I mean, it's got cars -- most of which are cheesy new ones with no pride in construction beyond the decals on the side and whatever new crap these kids stuffed under the hood, but one of which is just drool-worthy stellar. You know the one I mean. And it's got racing, which is always fun.

And it's got Vin Diesel, which is always better.

Has anyone else noticed that the camera loves this man? I mean, every shot, every angle flatters him. He's studly in a picture, but in a movie? Bigger than life. Buff as hell. And those eyes....

And, of course, the voice. I could listen to it all day.

So yeah, thinkin' about the man today. I'll probably watch Pitch Black later, too. But first, getting ready for some football -- where hopefully my beloved Chiefs will walk all over the Bengals (no offense to the Cats with the Snazzy Hats). This win is by no means a given (especially this year), but as long as the Rams and the Raiders lose, I'm happy.

I actually picked Arizona this week. And not just because I don't like the other team (because I really don't care one way or the other for Carolina) but because...*gasp*...they might actually win!

What kind of year is this for professional football when Arizona has just as good a chance at an honest win as anyone??

Anyway, good times, everyone, and enjoy your Sunday. And think happy thoughts of Chiefs wins and Vin Diesel.

Or just Vin Diesel. Whatever floats your boat. Heh.

[Edit: Holy crap, was that a nail-biter of a game! Herm Edwards, if I have a heart attack, I'm blaming you and your friggin' zone defense! You basically had our boys cough up 60+ yards in three plays with that crap! Learn, dammit! LEARN!

Yes, it's a win, and I'll definitely take it, but dadgum.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home