Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dear Charlie:

This is already a bizarro day for football. At least, it is for me.

First off, the only games available here are St. Louis, which I hate, or Oakland, which I despise. It's the Lady or the Tiger.

So, I'm watching the St. Louis vs. Dallas game -- and I'm not terribly fond of Dallas, either -- when I see...who?...Dante Hall suddenly split from the pack and shoot up the field. Runback touchdown.

Gee. Where have I seen that before?

*facepalm*

Yeah. It was like watching Trent Green in Miami. Those used to be my boys!

Do I let them go just because they're no longer Chiefs? No. I still root for Joe Horn in New Orleans. For Donnie Edwards in San Diego (though he's back, thankfully). So long as they don't go to Denver or Oakland, they're still my boys, no matter where (else) they end up.

But still. Oi. That Dante Hall touchdown kinda hurt to watch. It was all nostalgic and stuff.

[Edit: As far as the Chiefs game goes, it was 6-16 at halftime. It's 30-16 now. Wanna guess when I swapped out my shiny-and-never-worn Tony Gonzales jersey for my old and beloved, well-worn Derrick Thomas one?]

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

We had WingStop today too!!! I guess we'll have to gag them down every week now until they lose. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home