Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dear Charlie:

I can always tell when it's gettin on to winter. How, you ask? Simple.

I. Want. To. Bake.

Yeah. First, several batches of cookies over the past couple of weeks. Plain old tollhouse cookies. Chocolate chocolate chunk cookies. Fluffy shortbread cookies (picked because they have cream cheese in them and kept because they frickin rock). The butternut squash bread.

Tonight, I threw together three batches of tollhouse and one batch of CCC cookies. They're for a bake sale tomorrow. I should probably be proud that they were requested, since it's to earn money for a local autism school opening up and the petitioners insisted that they wouldn't make any money if I didn't bake, but...guh. That's a lot of cookies.

Now, I wanna make meatloaf. I don't know why. I'm dying to make meatloaf.

I can't make pot roast anymore -- long story short: last time I made/ate pot roast, I came down with a vicious stomach flu at the same time and puked my guts up for 6 hours straight and ended up at the ER with IV fluids and a hot blanket to control the shakes -- so I guess my mind's slipped over to meatloaf instead. And ham and beans. God, I love ham and beans. With cornbread!

Last week, I roasted a friggin turkey breast. Since then, I've made turkey and noodles twice, turkey casserole once, and have had like 6 turkey sandwiches. *grin* That was all sorts of good fun. With mashed sweet potatoes on the side.

Yeah, I like this time of the year. It's exhausting (and rather expensive, to be honest), but I always enjoy popping in a CD or turning on the radio or plugging in my mp3 player like I did tonight and just baking the night away. It's hard on the feet and murder on the back, but who cares?

Lots of people will get (and hopefully enjoy) lots of cookies, and I got 4 straight hours of baking good fun.

Tomorrow night? I write. Woot!

3 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, dear, wait until you read about Miss Belle's meatloaf. I don't know that I'll ever be able to eat it again.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jane said...

That's funny.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Oi. I did pretty well there. They sold the cookies 2 for 50 cents and the butternut squash bread 2 slices for 50 cents, and I was completely cleaned out by 10:30.

Not too shabby. I also got at least five e-mails from people who'd never tried my food wondering why I'm not running a bakery. *snerk* Because I'm broke, people!

In all, we raised almost $200 for our autism school, which is hella cool (sorry, South Park watchers).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home