Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dear Charlie:

They won! They won!

*dances and points at sidebar scoreboard*

My Chiefs finally won one! Woot!

ADDED LATER:

Oi. I was so excited about my boys winning that I decided to hack up that butternut squash I bought last weekend and make some squash bread. Lemme give you the lowdown on the recipe.

Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Half squash, scoop out seeds and strings. Peel squash with itty-bitty paring knife. Almost peel fingers and heel of hand 4 times. Hack squash into 1-inch cubes. Nearly hack off fingers at least 7 times - 8, to be sure. Boil until soft enough to mash. Add to other stuff. Bake.

Yeah. It was a great idea, and the bread will be frackin fabulous, but...yeow. I think I'll broil it soft next time and just scoop it out. It might take longer, but I'm fairly certain my fingers and skin will remain in place that way. And my arms won't be tired from both hacking really hard and holding back so I don't hack TOO hard.

Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home