Monday, August 06, 2007

Dear Charlie:

Oops. Long time, no blog. My bad!

But I do have an announcement to make. Hear ye, hear ye. On this 6th day of August, 2007, my brother's wee wifey gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Yup, I gots another nephew. Woot!

He's 8 lbs, some ounces, and...um...pretty long. I'm a little fuzzy on the details. I had them when I was first given them...but I've blinked since then.

But he's healthy! That's what counts, right?

Anyway, wish 'em luck!

Oh, yeah. The audit's finally over. No deficiencies, no paybacks, and I was complimented on my charts. My supervisor was so pleased that she gave me a gift certificate to a sushi restaurant she knows I like. I know -- long time readers will be aghast that I like a sushi restaurant, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons here.

And their caterpillar roll is to die for. Eel is good.

With a gift certificate to back me, I may get crazy and try the lobster roll. Or the dragon! Oo, I love dragons!

Ahem...I mean the name, of course. Though if they came up with dragon meat, you bet your ass I'd eat it raw. Woot! Talk about a delicacy!

Anyway, just sayin that some of the pressure is off, and no one at work even knew I was stressed. I guess that's a good sign. Everyone was like, "I was worried as Hell, but you never even blinked!"

'S called meditation, folks. And it works quite well on stress, though it does squat for insomnia. Heh.

So, the fiasco is over for another year, and hopefully, for my entire life. I could stand a fiasco-less existence. Wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it. Whoever told me once, "May you live in interesting times"...?

Yeah. That guy can eat rocks. Jerk.

6 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Pesh said...

Hmm, same birthday as Dave, huh?

This kid should hope for merely interesting times. ^_~

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I tried to call Dave earlier. Bastard wouldn't answer the phone. I swear I wasn't gonna give him "happy birthday" gooshies.

*pouts*

Really.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Anna Black said...

Congrats, Auntie Gutterball! :)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I'm so glad little B is healthy and here at last, although I wish T didn't have to have a C-section. Hugs to them all!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Chris Sims said...

Apologies for dropping this here, but I couldn't find an email address: The quote in the sidebar you've got attributed to me (because, appropriately enough, I posted it on my blog a week or so ago) actually comes from an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, where it was spoken by Dr. Forrester.

I only wish I coulda come up with that one. Sorry!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Ack! How could I not recognize it? I love MST3K!

My only poor excuse is that I only had cable for like 2 years. There's only so many back episodes you can catch like that. Oh, that they'll all be out on DVD some day.

Thanks for the catch, Chris!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home