Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dear Charlie:

Rare at-work post:

Well, monsoon season has struck the middle of the country, and I find myself with a win/lose kind of day. Everything is plus/minus. Allow me to demonstrate.

PLUS: The rain (and many closed streets) has kept most of the clients away, so I've been able to do a lot of miscellaneous filing that I've put off from more busy days.

MINUS: I'm not terribly sure I'll be able to go home tonight. Lots of streets between here and there are closed because of flooding.


PLUS: I love the drum of rain on the roof. So relaxing. So...meditative.

MINUS: That roof at home -- you know, the one I just had fixed? -- is leaking. Not so meditative.


PLUS: It's cool to watch the rain drift and pool in the parking lot.

MINUS: There are 4-inch deep puddles between me and my car...and I'm wearing tennis shoes.


You get the idea. It's fun, though, so I'm not complaining. Of course, it's not so fun for some who are stranded or for those whose ceilings have caved in, etc. For all I know, I'm one of the latter, but since I'm not sure I'll get home tonight, I'm not sure it'll matter. Heh.

Anyway, what I wish I could be doing right now is sitting on my porch swing, rocking lazily and watching the rain. Relaxing. Meditative.

But since I'm at work, I'm gonna try not to fall asleep.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Yikes!!! I hope you made it home fine. I have images of you wading through waist deep water like in New Orleans during Katrina!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home