Monday, April 09, 2007

Sidebar:

Teh Evol Allergies of Doom have finally attacked and left me voiceless and feeling like a mowed-over dog turd.

Yes, it's 7:00 in the morning. Yes, I have no voice. Yes, I'm up and wandering around anyway.

NO, I'm NOT going to work.

You know, I thought I was doing so well this year. April already and no sign of allergies. No sniffles, no dry eyes, no coughing/sneezing. And then...the weather crapped on us.

Seriously. While it was warm, I had no troubles. Then a sudden cold snap -- I got snow two days in a row after 80 degree temperatures the day before -- and I am positively struck down with Teh Evol Allergies.

Oh, well. I'll get to read at least one of the books my beloved sister sent me home with yesterday, at least. And I'll be going in to work for the late shift, since no one else in the whole friggin company seems capable of working it.

My only worry is...*insert terrifying, dramatic theme music here*...I might run out of kleenexes! NOOOOOOO!!!

Oh, the humanity!!

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Anna Black said...

Hope you feel better, GB. The weather has been crazy here too. I read your review of the The Prestige. Totally agree with you about Jackman's performance and Bale's and Caine's. And, yes, wasn't David Bowie a surprise as Tesla. I could, however, have done without Scarlett Johanson. I just don't get her. I don't think she's that great of an actress. But what do I know?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hope you're better today, Sis!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Well, better is a relative term, so I feel relatively better. I mean, death is no longer a preferable option, so that's better, right?

*grin*

And my voice came back. That's always a plus. Though I'm not sure the folks at work think of it as such, heh. They've threatened to hook up a karoake machine if I don't quit singing along with the radio.

Thank God I'm still croaky, if not still voiceless!

Guh, and I agree with you on Scarlett Johanson, Anne. Just...why? What's the big deal? I wouldn't have picked her out as one of the characters if I hadn't seen her name on the cast list. She didn't stand out to me at all. And to be perfectly honest, I can't even remember which woman she played!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

*blush* And please chalk my deplorable spelling -- of names, no less! -- as a result of Teh Evol Creeping Brain Sludge, as I've taken to calling the ridiculous amount of snot clogging up my brain. Sorry, AnnA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home