Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dear Charlie:

Well, I've officially had my first "Holy @#$(&%-in $%*&!" moment of the Spring.

I was just washing my hands last night. Innocent enough, right? Yeah. So I washed my hands. And then I went to dry them. And there, ladies and gents, is where I went wrong. As I scrubbed my poor, defenseless hands on my favorite -- read: old and scruffy -- towel, I happened to glance down, and...less than two inches from my vulnerable digits...crouched a monster.

Have you ever noticed that you won't see any little spiders for a long time, and then all of a sudden, there's the grandaddy of them all? It's because that grandaddy has been feasting on all the little ones, growing fat and malignant in the shadows until he's at that particular Holy @#$(&%-in $%*&! size. Then, he crouches inside your bath towel so you can't see him until you're close enough to scare the hell out of.

But I'm proud of myself. I didn't scream like a girl. I didn't throw the towel across the room and run. I simply dropped the damn thing, still on the hook -- though my hands were definitely shaking from the close call -- walked calmly to the living room for the can of Instant Spider Death that I hadn't had to use since last Fall, walked calmly back into the bathroom, and murderized the little son of a bitch.

Needless to say, I immediately washed the towel. Guh. *shudder* Twice.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Anna Black said...

Eek! Spiders! *shudder* Trust me! I would have screamed! Loud and long.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Pesh said...

*twitches*...


*dies*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home