Saturday, March 03, 2007

My Dearest Charles:

After months of not being able to finish this damn novel, I got so pissed off at both work and at my bank that I sat down and cranked out 17,000 words in one day to finish the bastard! Woot!

*dances*

I'm so excited! I think I really got it right this time! Um...that's this time as opposed to the other dozen times I got almost to the end only to realize that I'd completely lost my tone or gone in the wrong direction or just wrote in a mass murder. Yes, I really did that once. I was a little cranky at the moment.

But it's done now! It's a little short at 78K -- I was hoping for 80K -- but this is just a first draft. I'll definitely add another scene somewhere or expand on a current scene. It's not as hard to add as it is to cut, so I'm kinda proud that I rid myself of that elephantus librus with which I am sadly afflicted. That's "big book syndrom" to the non-literary folks at home.

I'm babbling. Sorry! I'm just excited!

Anyway, now to let it sit for a while before I begin the deep edits and additions. Then, if I don't hate it, I'll query it around. Maybe it'll catch the right eye at the right time.

And even if it doesn't, it's DONE! Woo-hoo!!

4 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

CHEERS!!!! You have done something that millions dream of and never accomplish. You wrote a book, start to finish! I'm so proud of you, Sis, and of course, I can't wait to read it!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Devgel Zo said...

Well damn done, Geebers!! I've already powered my way through one draft, and I look forward to reading more!

Big hugs, beer and barbecue all around!

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous nut said...

I wanna say something equivalent to 'break a leg' in showbiz. Don't think 'break a mouse' would work. Anyhow,for lack of better words,

Good Luck, Gutterball!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Thank you, guys! It is pretty exciting, though I've managed to quiet that little voice that says, "Throw it out there now and see if anyone bites". That little voice can only get me in trouble, heheh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home