Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dear Charlie:

Is it bad that I already miss football so much that I've gone through my entire stock of football movies in less than two days?

*sigh*

If I'm not careful, I'll have to run out and buy Invincible, and since that would require much rearrangement of my DVD shelves to keep everything in alphabetical order, I don't think I could take it. I'd just have to move.

But I really do miss football. Yes, I know that March Madness is coming up. Yes, I'm participating in the office pool. But I really don't like basketball, and I'm not overly fond of college sports at the best of times.

Mind you, I did watch college sports when I was in college. In fact, several of the students I tutored were on the basketball and football teams, so I was always invited to their games. I even went to a few. It's okay when you're there, when you're actually at the game, but watching it on TV?

Not so much.

But there is where professional football differs to me. I love watching football, either live or on TV. I even put up with commercials to watch it. Love the sport. Love the players -- even the odious or criminal ones. Love the crunch of breaking plastic, the flying turf, the grunt of 22 men fighting over one little pigskin. Good times.

And they'll be back again. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. And watching The Replacements and The Longest Yard and such. Heh.

Maybe I should switch over to Major League to keep my mind off of it, ne?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home