Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sidebar:

Well, I'm pretty much frozen in here and just got my power back, so I thought I'd drop a quick note to say...ya know...that.

Huh.

Okee-doke. I feel better. And in case I lose my power again, I just wanted people -- my beloved sister especially -- to know that I'm alive and kicking and working on that work in progress with the tricky ending. I rewrote the first chapter, and now I'm reading through, getting the feel for the word flow again. The last 20 pages or so have been pissing me off for over a month now. I've written at least a dozen different endings, but none of them are right yet.

I know exactly how it ends. I know exactly what needs to happen. But this is a genre I don't write often, and it's very, very difficult to not, I dunno, throw in something bizarre. Heh. I can't help it! I want to rebel and have something totally whacked out happen!

But no. It needs to end just so. And it will. Eventually. Heheh.

If, that is, my power holds out. *glares at freezing rain still falling merrily outside*

Oh, and go Chicago! *ducks thrown objects*

3 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

Heh, have you tried walking on that stuff yet? My DH and I had to brave a trip to Wal-Mart. When we came home we had to giggle after shuffling across the top what looks like pristine snow. My heels didn't even make a dent. Some kids down the street were flinging themselves across it on plastic sleds. I'm not looking forward to driving tomorrow morning.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hey, woman, are you ever going to update your blog again? Huh?

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

*blushes* Probably not. I've never been one for keeping a journal. If I'm writing, it's usually in a comment to you or your sister or on my own mountainous battle.

Maybe if I reach the summit of that next peak, I'll post about it. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home