Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dear Charlie:

Still alive. Barely.

Okay, that's a little dramatic. I was perfectly alive yesterday. I just felt like the living dead. Today, a little better. But the fever that's never really gone away came back this afternoon with a vengeance and gave me the ol' carbon monoxide poisoning look for all my co-workers to comment on.

"You're looking a little glassy-eyed there."

I know.

"Your cheeks are really flushed. Are you sure you're feeling all right?"

No.

"Shouldn't you be home?"

No play, no pay.

Anyway, I'm feeling better again, as I usually do in the evening. Hopefully, I'll be back to my semblence of normal again soon. And since my beloved Chiefs are out of the running, I think I'm gonna have to start rooting for Indianapolis. Not because I particularly love the Colts, but because I think Payton Manning is a champ of a guy who shouldn't go out like Dan Marino -- with a record-breaking number of broken records in his pocket and no SuperBowl ring.

Hey. He was nice to a couple of blatant Chiefs fans in Hawaii in 2000 because he was happy to be there himself. God bless the ProBowl.

Go, Colts.

'Course, it might just make them insufferable next year....

4 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. You must have a pretty high fever to talk like that.

Seriously, like I said before, the Chargers are going to be tough to beat, but I wouldn't mind seeing Manning and Harrison win the big one. My daughter went to high school with Dominic Rhodes so she also thinks it would be cool if they won. -JTC

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

As to the Chargers, I keep in mind that Marty's still at the wheel. Sure, he kicked off his traces during the regular season, but I wouldn't put it past him to pick up the reins of Marty Ball again come the first game. Or if, Heaven forbid, he does make it to, say, the Championship Game, I'll expect it of him then. He's an old soldier, ya know.

I think I'll stick with Indianapolis this time around. I'd like to see Manning get a SuperBowl ring just once. He's earned it!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Pesh said...

While you're recuperating, take a browse to the Dabel forums. If this hotness doesn't burn off the last of your creepy-crawlies, then nothing will.

http://dabelbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=463

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon GB. I'm still getting over a nasty cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home