Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dear Charlie:

You know, I really do have the best friends. Every darn one of them, from better-than-acquaintance to I'd-give-you-a-kidney. Excellent friends, excellent family. I get the best presents, which kinda makes me feel bad because I'm such a scrooge!

Anyway, my friend and co-worker, Jody, really thinks hard to get me what she thinks I'll love as presents. See, she knows that I'm ridiculously easily pleased. She could get me a toothbrush, and I'd be thrilled. But she wants to show that she knows me, that she cares, so she really digs deep.

Last year for Christmas -- or was it my birthday? -- she got me Chiefs fuzzy dice for my car. Chiefs fuzzy dice! I didn't even know they made them! They are in my car until the day I die, I swear to God. How cool is it? The "one" dot is the arrowhead! Awesome!

Anyway, so this year, she dug deeper still and got me something that just about has me speechless.

A signed...SIGNED!...picture of Vin Diesel. Stack of Bibles, folks. I got an honest to God signed picture of Vin Diesel for Christmas. Got it today. Drooled over it all day. Bought a frame for it after work. Am looking at it right now.

More accurately, I'm drooling over it right now.

She looked over several options and got just the right one. Casual, smiling, very very nice. Oh, yeah. I love this picture.

This is right up there with the Chiefs tickets to Arrowhead at Christmas that Karla gives me and the time I got three copies of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl! I mean, WOW! OH! And the shot glass chess set! I love that one, too!

I am humbled and very, very grateful, folks. I may be a grinch when it comes to the Christmas season, but you guys make all the irritation worth the effort. I can only hope that the stuff I give you in return is half as thoughtful and treasured.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger December Quinn said...

See, I was coming over to say thanks for your comments on EE about my query, but...then I saw you're a Chiefs fan, and as a former St. Louisan...well...thanks anyway. I guess. :-)

It's great to get presents from people who really thought about you, isn't it? Makes you feel loved.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Poor December Quinn! I'm sure that, if we work together, we can exorcise those St. Louis demons from your past. All it takes is a little comraderie and some beer.

But thanks for coming over to say hi. As you can see from my comments on your query, we Chiefs fans to have excellent taste. Heheheh.

And yeah, I do have good friends. If I had a heart, I'd say I love them all. Since I don't, I'll admit, grudgingly, that they don't suck. Too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home