Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Well, well, well. I'm snowed in.

Now, technically, I could have claimed to be snowed in this morning. There were only a couple of inches of snow, but there was a good, solid, inch-thick layer of ice under that, and another crust of ice over the top.

But, good little soldier that I am, I even got up early to get to work early to call clients and tell them that they shouldn't risk being out in this weather. Like the captain of the ship -- which much less clout and pay, of course -- I was the first to arrive and the last to leave today. No biggie.

However...by the time I got home, there were more like four or five inches of accumulation -- snow and sleet, those little pellets that just stack up and freeze into clumps --and it was just getting going. Now...at about 10:30 at night...it's more like 8 inches. Mostly snow, that last bit, but just enough ice that I'm sure going anywhere would be lots of fun.

Not that I can even see the street.

So, while I had planned to make an attempt to go to work tomorrow, I think I will put aside my trooper's hat and join the ranks of those who called in today. I will unplug my phone and sleep in while the snow piles up and looks pretty before the neighborhood strays come and yellow it up.

Yup. I'm taking a snow day. I may just have to run out tomorrow and throw some snowballs at the neighbors or build an ice fortress. The thought of a snow day makes me feel like a kid again. Weird, ain't it?

Oh, yeah. And snow days make me want to bake cookies. Good thing I stopped off by the grocery store tonight and walked through the buckshot sleet to buy some chocolate chips on the way home, ne?

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

The monsters had snow days yesterday and today. Send help. Please. And chocolate.

We baked yesterday. What the hell are we going to do today?

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No snow day here but it bascially has to be one of those Storms of the Century before they shut down anything around here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home