Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dear Charlie:

Guh. Day 3 of Teh Evol Migraine. I think my brain is bleeding. It hurts so bad it ought to be, anyway.

And I can't sleep it off because the friggin entire City Public Works Department is less than a block behind my house making an atrocious amount of noise. They have this machine that's like a slo-mo jackhammer. And at least ten times as loud. I can't tell what they're beating/pounding on, but it resonates. Each hit feels like it imprints on my poor, abused brain.

Not. Cool.

I had to adjust down the contrast on my screen to even bear turning on the ol' laptop. I haven't had a light on in my house since Sunday afternoon. Yeah, I felt it coming on then and took precautions, but it was already too late, I guess. And while I have aspirin, I no longer have Coke in the house, so there goes that "remedy".

Plus, I don't dare drive anywhere. It hurts so bad my vision is honest to God blurred and I wince at any unexpected noise, no matter how soft.

So, I'm home for the second day in a row -- and after I just bragged about rarely missing work and usually having to be sent home, dammit -- trying to get rid of this thing, and it's not working. If I could just take a handful of ibuprofen and go to sleep for a while, I could probably outsleep it.

But the frickin CONSTRUCTION!! God, I am so tempted to stumble out there with ketchup dripping from my ears to convince them that their "work" is killing me! Dear God in Heaven, do they have to keep using that thing???

*goes to die now*

6 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Just try to imagine that the pile driver (I think that is what you're hearing) is crushing a Denver Bronco every time it hits. Maybe that'll bring some relief. -JTC

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

...

I'm cured! *dances*

Ouch. Okay, maybe not so cured, but definitely with a smile on my face. Fabulous image, JTC!

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Geebers, that's horrible! I'm sorry to hear you're not 100%.

I really hope it gets better and that earplugs miraculously fall into your lap. Even better, I'll fly by later with some, as well as truckloads of delicious SA barbeque!

Um...braai...but you'll like the way we make our meat!

Huge hugs from the Tochan!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Kate Thornton said...

Immitrex used to do it for me but now I take Maxalt - ask your doctor. No more migraines!

Seriously, please ask your doctor - the pain is so intense and nothing else helps. Life's too short to live with migraine.

Here's hoping you feel better fast.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Thanks, Kate. I do take Maxalt rarely, and I did take one Monday when it was clear that this one was hanging around for a while. Unfortunately, I've noticed a slight problem with Maxalt.

If I take it and go to sleep, no problem. I wake up feeling like a million bucks. If I take it and can't sleep for whatever reason (Teh Evol Construction Crew, for instance), I end up feeling worse by the time it wears off than I did before. That's why I was so bad off Tuesday; I didn't get to sleep it off Monday.

Ugh. But I went to work today and just suffered through it. If nothing else, making myself function keeps me moving. And it was probably quieter at work than here in Construction Central.

I'm debating taking another Maxalt tonight before going to bed, though. And going to bed WAY early so it has time to wear off by the time the alarm goes off!

I just don't like taking medication at all, let alone on a regular basis. No real reason. Just don't like it. Weird.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

(((((Sis))))) I hope you're better by now!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home