Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sidebar:

Well, crap.

It's pretty darn chilly here, and my heater's not turning on. Yeah, I just got the whole unit replaced a little while back, so anything wrong should be under warranty, but I still have to pay for the guy to come out. After the toilet fiasco and my car insurance and all sorts of other nickle-and-dime crap, I'm not sure I can afford even that.

See, the unit comes on just fine. But the fan doesn't. All that warm air just...stays there. Doesn't come inside. Useless, actually.

So, the unit's off.

Since it's already getting chilly in here and I'm yet again not gonna get to sleep in tomorrow morning -- I have the time off because of overtime, but now I gotta get up and call the heater guy first thing in the morning -- I think I'm gonna take a nice, hot bath, burrow under the covers, and pray for early sleep so I can make up a few Zs.

Geez, man.

Between the turning in early, the calls to my dad and my cousin (who does HVAC work), and a two-hour conversation with the friend in Kentucky (who's doing better physically and won't be losing her house after all, thank God, but who lost her Medicaid for some stupid reason that she can't quite get an answer on yet), I managed about 600 words. Whoop-de-frickin-doo.

*sigh*

Hey, at least I got those. And they're pretty good ones, I think. I'm trying to ease into something here that goes against my hard-assed, heartless nature, so I'm being...cautious. I'm poking in my toe every few feet to make sure the ground's still steady under the surface.

I'm on unfamiliar ground here, folks, but I'm making my way. One step at a time.

And it's now 58 degrees inside the house (and probably 40-ish outside), so I'm heading for that hot bath. I plan to turn on the little electric space heater in my bedroom first, though, so it's nice and toasty for when I run in there after bolting out from the hot and steamy bathroom.

*grin*

It might be fun to see. Too bad Dave's not here to point and laugh at me!

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, Sis! *kicks furnace* I hope you didn't freeze too badly! Of course it was the coldest night so far.... *hugs* Hopefully you got good news this morning and it's already fixed!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home